Wage & Hour Attorneys in San Diego
Handling Unpaid Wage & Overtime Legal Claims for California Employees
If you or your fellow employees have been asked to work off the clock, denied minimum wage or overtime pay, or denied meal and rest breaks, then you may have the right to file a lawsuit for labor and employment wage claims.
Other wage and hour claims include:
- Underpayment of wages due to an employer’s policy of paying employees for rounded time entries rather than actual time clock entries
- Failure to raise workers’ overtime rate of compensation to account for bonuses, shift differential, or commissions above hourly pay
- Failure to fully reimburse for necessary business expenses incurred in the performance of job duties
- Failure to compensate workers for time spent donning and doffing protective gear before clocking in before their shifts begin, walking to and from their workstations, and after clocking out at the end of the shift
- Failure to pay prevailing wages for work performed on public works projects
- Failure to timely pay all wages owed at termination (three days for voluntary separation, same day for involuntary termination)
- Failure to pay all accrued vacation wages at termination
- Failure to pay separate minimum wage for non-productive time when paying under a piece-rate system or commission sales employees, including the requirement to pay separate hourly pay for rest periods
- Failure to pay state or local minimum wage. As of January 1, 2018, minimum wage in California is $11.00 per hour for companies of 26 or more employees and $10.50 per hour for companies of 25 employees or fewer. Many counties in California have higher minimum wage requirements.
We understand wage and hour laws in California, and our attorneys can inform you about all your legal options for reimbursement.
Minimum Wage, Overtime, Commissions, Denied Meal & Rest Period, and Expense Reimbursement – Class Action Lawsuits
Our wage and hour lawyers know from experience that when a company treats one employee unfairly, they usually treat the group of employees unfairly. Wage and hour class action attorneys file employment class action lawsuits on behalf of employees who have been cheated of commissions, meal and rest periods, expense reimbursements, minimum wages, overtime wages, and regular compensation by their employers. Wage attorneys at Cohelan Khoury & Singer are leaders in class action litigation in California employment matters, as well as nationwide claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Schedule A Free, Confidential Consultation with Our Lawyers
If your employer has treated you unfairly and you believe you have been subjected to withheld wages, pay, or compensation, our attorneys are here to help. Contact us today for a free consultation and case evaluation.